Rich Content is a high-quality image with extended product description that grabs the attention of customers and increases their engagement, which drives high conversions and considerable traffic to the listings.
Image with Rich Content steps beyond the usual image that a merchant usually creates to ensure that a potential buyer understands the product features more effectively and gets a sophisticated and impactful online shopping experience.
Images with Rich Content include:
- Attractive product images of high quality, which includes product photos shot in close-ups, different angles, and other lifestyle shots;
- Short, and yet informative introduction of product;
- Precise description of product features to explain the benefits;
- Enriched FAQ to clear confusions and increase trust with an engaging layout;
- Effective infographics with good design to show the product value;
Here is an example of how Joom Rich Content can look:
Here is an example of how Joom customers will see Rich Content:
|Format||PNG, JPG, JPEG|
|Aspect ratio||1:1, 3:4|
|Resolution||550×550 or more|
|Quantity||20 images or fewer per one product|
|Language||Localized for target region|
What not to do when listing image
- ❌ Do not place company logo, name, contact information and promotional text.
- ❌ Do not use low-quality image.
- ❌ Avoid cutting off images.
- ❌ Don’t upload images without text. Ordinary product images are added to the Photo gallery, whereas Rich content images must contain texts that help provide more information about your product.
- ❌ Do not use the same product photo twice.
- ❌ Do not submit the content with grammatical errors or spelling mistakes in it. Proofread before uploading the content.
- ❌ Do not upload sensitive content that customers might find offensive or disturbing.
How to add Rich Content?
You can add Rich Content for a specific product in its card, or you can add Rich Content for multiple products in bulk via CSV and API.
How to add Rich Content for one product via Merchant Panel
- Log in to your account in Merchant Panel and go to Products → Manage Products → Create in Panel.
- Scroll down to Rich Content and click Add Content Language.
3. Select the language of your image. Note, image language must match the selected language. For example, if you want to add an image with a description in Spanish, you must select Spanish. It’s the same for English, as well as for any other language.
4. Click Add image.
You can work with images in full screen. This mode allows you to change the placement of images and change their order. Click-and-drag images anywhere on the screen you’d like. To work in full-screen mode, click Start full screen.
5. Upload images and Click Save.
If you want to add Rich Content for an existing product, go to Products and select any product you would like to edit by clicking its name. A product card will open. Click Edit Product, and repeat the same process from above.
How to add Rich Content for multiple products via CSV
- Go to Products → Manage products → Create/Change Products via CSV/XLSX.
2. Click Set up a template CSV/XLSX.
3. Select template type and file format, check the Overseas warehouse info box if needed, and click Download.
4. Add links to images in Rich Content columns.
– Image language must match the required language. For example, if you want to add an image with a description in Spanish, you must add images to the Rich Content ES column. It’s the same for English, as well as for any other language.
– If there is no column with the language that you require, add a column with the name “Rich Content + language code”. Examples: Rich Content KO, Rich Content TH, Rich Content IN.
5. Upload your file. (Products → Manage Products → Create/Change Products via CSV/XLSX → Put the file to this are or click to upload)
If you want to add Rich Content for existing products, go to Products and click Export Products. Follow instructions and download the file. Add images in the corresponding column and upload the updated file back (Products → Manage Products → Create/Change Products via CSV/XLSX → Put the file to this are or click to upload).