Product Has Been Damaged by Shipping Provider
Here, we will consider a case when a product has been damaged by a logistics provider, and a customer contacted our Support Team.
What does Joom do?
Joom asks a customer to confirm it and examines the purchase history.
If a customer agrees to provide the confirmation:
Joom contacts a merchant, sends him a confirmation, and waits for the answer within 5 working days.
Then, 3 options are possible:
- Merchant agrees with the product damage, and confirms the refund at his expense → Then, 3 options are possible:
- Refund at the expense of the merchant.
- Partial refund in agreement with both sides.
- Replacement or repairing by the merchant in agreement with both sides. Merchants can apply for compensation to the logistics provider.
- There is no answer within 5 working days → Joom makes a refund.
- Merchant disagrees with the product damage and doesn’t confirm a mistake → Joom examines the customer’s purchase history, the merchant’s history, the product price, and makes a decision on its own → Then, 3 options are possible:
- Full or partial refund at the expense of the merchant.
- Refund at the expense of Joom.
- No refund, Joom informs the customer about the merchant’s decision.
If a customer refuses to provide the confirmation:
Joom asks a customer to contact the merchant by himself.
Please sign in to leave a comment.