To use the logistics services normally, merchants must select the "dangerous kind" for their products from the list of dangerous kind attributes provided by the platform.
The product attribute "dangerous kind" cannot be left empty. If the product is not considered a dangerous article, merchants will need to identify it as "notDangerous". Products without this information can't be sold on Joom.
How to Add a Product Dangerous Kind Attribute?
You can add a dangerous kind attribute via the Merchant panel, CSV, or API.
- Go to the product page.
- Click on "Edit Product".
- Scroll down until "Dangerous kind" column.
- Select product dangerous kind from the list.
- Save changes.
- Find the product in the CSV file.
- Find the "Dangerous Kind" column.
- Fill it in English.
The endpoints will be used for adding and editing product dangerous kind attributes: /product/add、/variant/add or /product/update、/variant/update.
Please refer to the API documentation to learn more.
List of Dangerous Kind Product Categories
1. Safe products (Not dangerous).
The product attribute "dangerous kind" cannot be left empty. If the product is not considered as dangerous, merchants will need to identify it as "not dangerous."
2. Liquids and creamy.
- Substances that are liquefied or easily liquefy.
- Cream-based products.
- Products containing liquid, such as liquid soap, face tonic, perfumes, and cream-based products over 100ml.
- Nonflammable cream-based products under 100ml.
- Fluorescent sticks.
- Crayons, seals, pens, and other stationary products with a small amount of liquid inside.
- Mascaras, lipsticks, makeup foundations, face masks, and other cosmetic products.
4. Powders and granulated products.
- Cosmetics such as eyeshadow, dry foundation, and powder.
5. Compressed gases and aerosols.
- Spray perfume, hairspray, antiperspirant spray, deodorant spray, and sunscreen spray.
6. Lithium cells and batteries.
- Power banks, replacement batteries, solar batteries, and strong magnets.
- Dry batteries are permitted.
7. Articles containing batteries.
- Battery products and products that need to be charged, including watches, electronic toys, mobile phones, smart bracelets, tablets, notebooks, self-balancing scooters, and remote controls with batteries.
Mechanical watches are not considered dangerous because they do not contain batteries. Otherwise, they would be considered dangerous.
8. Magnetized items.
- Any product containing a magnet, such as CDs, refrigerator magnets, touchscreen pens, remote controls, Bluetooth products (including headsets), and mobile phone cases equipped with magnet buckles.
9. Sharp instruments.
- Paring knives, scissors, pliers, hammers, bottle openers.
- Objects that resemble weapons are restricted.
10. Flammable solids, liquids, film.
- Candles, soaps, paints, varnishes, nail polish, solvents, gasoline, diesel, kerosene, liquid and/or solid alcohol, dry ice, motor oil, glue, perfume, copra, magnesium powder, and photographic film.
- Seeds, seedlings, succulents.
12. Tea leaves.
13. Human and animal hair.
- Human hair wigs, eyelashes, animal hairbrushes.
14. Items resembling weapons.
- Toy guns, toy darts, etc.
15. Adult products.
- Erotic lingerie excluded.
16. Items with high densities.
To enter the product attribute "dangerous kind" correctly, please use the following variants (for CSV and ERP):
Required Information To Be Provided For Certain Product Categories
- Powders and granulated products
- Compressed gases and aerosols
- Lithium cells and batteries
- Articles containing batteries
- Magnetized items
- Flammable solids, liquids, and films
You only need to provide this information once per product.