The overseas warehouse is the one located in any country other than the merchant's default country in order to ship international orders as fast as possible.
Once you created an overseas warehouse in the Merchant Panel, you have to provide certain documents and link them to the warehouse.
You will not be able to ship products from overseas warehouses without having your documents approved.
The overseas warehouses require one of the following documents:
- Warehouse Services Agreement – for the warehouses located in any country;
- Warehouse Sales Contract – for the warehouses located in the EU and the USA only.
What is a Warehouse Services Agreement?
It's an agreement between a Merchant and a Warehouse operator company for the supply of warehouse services (e.g. any kind of logistics services, storage, etc.).
By uploading the Warehouse Service Agreement you confirm that you own the products stored at the warehouse with the purpose of selling them on Joom.
The name of the Merchant company in the agreement should match the one stated in the Merchant’s KYC Profile.
What is a Warehouse Sales Contract?
It's a legal contract for the sale of products stored in a warehouse from a Merchant to a company located in the warehouse country (Local Purchaser).
- You should provide a Warehouse Sales Contract in case of your products being sold to the company located in the warehouse country owning the products at the moment of sale to the customer.
- The contract should be signed by the Joom merchant and a purchasing company (Local Purchaser). The name of the Merchant company in the agreement should match the one stated in the Merchant’s KYC Profile.
- Besides the contract itself, we ask you to provide the purchasing company (Local Purchaser) legal and contact details to Joom. According to the law, Joom must disclose the purchasing company’s information to the customer. So the information you provide about the purchasing company will be shown to the customers.
The Warehouse Sales Contract type of document is inapplicable to the warehouses located in Russia, it can be provided for the local warehouses located in the EU and the USA only.
What are the requirements for the documents?
1. The document content:
- The document must include the seal and signatures from both parties;
- The merchant stated in the document as a Joom merchant matches the one stated in the Joom KYC Profile;
- The document must indicate the service provided (sale/storage);
- The document must indicate the country where the services are provided (a country the warehouse is located in).
2. The document photo:
- Joom accepts only high-quality color scan or photo of the documents – black and white scan or photo is not allowed;
- The document must be visible fully and clearly – all the pages are provided, the text and the document are not cut off in the photo;
- The text must be easy to read;
- Any sign of Photoshop is prohibited.
How to upload the documents?
- Go to the Documents page;
2. Click on the Add Document button and select the document you want to upload: Warehouse Service Agreement or Warehouse Sales Contract;
3. Provide all the required information and upload the document.
Please pay attention to the field Warehouse to make sure you link the document to the correct warehouse.
4. Click on the Save button.
- Once you uploaded the document, it will be sent for review, and you will see its status on the top of the document page.
- When the document status changes to Active, you will be able to ship your products from the overseas warehouse you provided the document for.
- The warehouse status will be changed to Enabled on the warehouse page.