There are 2 different types of warehouses on Joom:
- Default warehouse.
- Overseas warehouse.
The Default warehouse is the warehouse that is generated by default at the moment of creating the merchant's account. The default warehouse always coincides with the merchant's origin.
The Overseas warehouse is the one located in any country other than the merchant's default country in order to ship international orders as fast as possible.
Available for all the merchants.
Available for the test group of merchants only.
There is always one default warehouse available in the Merchant Panel.
Need to apply for an overseas warehouse and create it in the Merchant Panel.
Standard shipping tier – 75 days.
Fast shipping tier – 30 days.
Is attributed to the country a merchant's company is registered in.
Cannot be deleted or disabled.
Can be deleted or disabled.
Can a Default Warehouse be Configured?
No, you already have a default warehouse created for you on the Warehouses page in your Joom account. You don't need to create another one.
A warehouse in your country is considered to be a default warehouse, therefore you don’t need to create an overseas warehouse for your country if you want to ship orders from there.
How to Apply for an Overseas Warehouse?
If you meet all the following criteria, you can apply to have an overseas warehouse opened for you:
- You have products stocked at the overseas warehouse;
- You can guarantee fast delivery (within 30 days) from the overseas warehouse to the client.
How to Create and Operate an Overseas Warehouse?
- Open the Warehouses page;
- Click on the Add Warehouse button;
3. Fill out all the required information and select the destination countries for the products shipped from this warehouse;
4. Click on Save.
5. Provide Warehouse Agreement and Warehouse Sales Contract for the created warehouse. Please refer to the article What Documents are required for the Overseas Warehouse? to learn more.
You will not be able to ship products from overseas warehouses without having your documents approved.
Once your warehouse documents have been approved and the warehouse status has changed to Enabled, you can start operating with it.
How to Edit a Warehouse?
1. Open the warehouse page;
2. Click on the Edit Warehouse button;
3. Click on Save once you finish.
You can disable or delete the warehouse if you don't need it anymore.
Overseas Warehouse FAQ
▼ How to set up the product inventory and offline shipping price for the overseas warehouse?
To learn more please refer to the article How to Set Up Products for the Overseas Warehouse?
▼ How do I fulfill orders from the overseas warehouse?
To learn more please refer to the article How to Fulfil Orders from the Overseas Warehouse?
▼ Can I ship products from the overseas warehouse only?
- Yes, you can. You have to set the product's inventory in the default warehouse to 0.
- If a product is selling from the overseas warehouse only into a specific country, then you should disable this country in the default warehouse settings or in the product's settings.
▼ Can I ship only some product variants from the overseas warehouse?
Yes, you can. The inventory and the shipping price are set up for each variant separately. However, we don't recommend you choose this option.
▼ What are the specific requirements for overseas warehouse orders?
- Most important: faster delivery (within 30 days) should be guaranteed;
- Order must be shipped from the country the overseas warehouse is located in;
- Order can be tracked to the client;
- Delivery to the client must be confirmed.
▼ What are the faster delivery requirements?
Compared to the orders shipped from the default warehouse, orders shipped from the overseas warehouse have a shorter guaranteed delivery period. If you fail to deliver an order to the client within the guaranteed period, this order will be refunded due to non-delivery reasons.
Default warehouse guaranteed delivery period
Overseas warehouse guaranteed delivery period
We inform clients that the products are shipped from the overseas warehouse and show them the actual delivery period, so clients expect a faster delivery for such products.
The faster your delivery is, the more popular your products can get.
▼ How does a client know my product is from the overseas warehouse?
The fast delivery badge will be shown on the product page if all its variants are located in the overseas warehouse. Otherwise, the fast delivery badge will not be shown.
The product card also includes:
- the fast delivery badge,
- the country the product is shipped from,
- the statement of the faster delivery in the Guarantee section.