All new and edited products go through the Joom moderation process before being shown to Joom customers. Joom moderation validates the product’s name, images, description, variations, and other information. Products that don't correspond with Joom rules get rejected.
Joom moderation goes through 3 stages:
➁ Manual moderation
Doesn't let the products with bad quality photos and duplicates appear on the platform.
|Is conducted by Joom moderation team.||Assigns a category to the product. Product categorization is conducted manually.|
- The merchant must be activated.
- The store and the product must be enabled.
- The product must have at least one enabled variant and its inventory must be above 0.
- Images should be successfully processed on the server-side (this process starts right after any image link update).
- Product variants must meet the product variant requirements.
|Joom moderators are reviewing the product.|
|The product has passed moderation and is now visible to customers.|
|Rejected||The product was rejected by moderators and cannot be visible to customers.|
Edited Product Moderation
• Name • Description
• Tag • Size
• Main Image URL • Color
• Extra Image URLs
If your product was rejected because of any of the following reasons, the moderation process cannot be launched again:
Please refer to the article "Why my Product was Rejected?" for more details.
- While a product is going through the moderation process after being edited, the old version of the product will continue to be sold at Joom and will not be removed.
- However, if the last edited version of the new product maintains a "Rejected by Joom" status for more than a month, the old version of the product will also be removed.
Generally, the product moderation process takes about 48 hours, but if there are too many products, the duration period could be extended.
You can check which products are going through the moderation process on the "Products" page in your Joom account — just filter the products by choosing the "Being processed by Joom" status.