Valid reasons for refunds:
If a customer requests a refund because of non-delivery, we will first check the logistics information on the official sites of the destination country’s post office/logistics company/courier services or track24.
If the logistics is traceable to the destination country post office or courier collection office, the consignee information is accurate, we will advise consumers to go to the post office or express collection point check.
Joom will issue a refund if:
- The tracking information cannot be verified, or the tracking information can be verified, but the delivery route or the delivery address is incorrect (for example, the customer is in the UK, but the tracking information indicates that the package was sent to France);
- The package is detained by the customs, destroyed or returned to the merchant;
- The package tracking information can be verified, the delivery address is correct, but the package is returned by the post office, as the customer delayed too long in claiming it;
- The customer provides proof that “there is no such package” presented by the post office, though the package tracking information could be verified, and the delivery address was correct.
- If the merchant believes that the customer described the unsuccessful arrival incorrectly, he can also provide the post office signature document to appeal.
2. Incomplete package
If a customer requests a refund for this reason, we will ask the customer to weigh what was received. We will then compare this weight with the product weight provided by the merchant. If the customer’s package weighs less than indicated by the merchant, we will contact the post office for them to confirm. Thereafter, we will decide how much to refund.
Note to merchants: Please ensure that you indicate accurate weight for your products in order to avoid any issues.
3. Product-description mismatch
Joom will deactivate products that do not match their descriptions.
|For orders below $5:||
|For orders above $5:||
4. Problems with quality.
Different regions have different laws; therefore, our refund policy also differs, depending on the regions. If the problem prevents the product from working normally, we will give the customer a refund without requesting the product’s return or destruction.
Joom will deactivate fake products and products that do not match their descriptions.
Merchant should perfect the product return address information.
If a product is refunded due to poor quality, a merchant should give/pay for the return label.
|For orders below $5:||
|For orders from $5 to $20:||
For orders from $20 to $100:
For orders above $100:
Refund Period and Rules
- Within the customer guarantee period, i.e. 30 days from when the customer confirmed delivery of the product in the Joom app.
- If there is no tracking information, then a refund occurs within 15 days after 30 days have passed from the date the order was placed and the customer did not receive the goods during the said 30-day period, due to “non-delivery.” This means a customer can apply for a refund between the 31st and 45th day after placing the order. Upon receipt of the customer’s request for a refund, Joom will decide whether to accept or reject it.
- If there is tracking information and the order hasn't been delivered, then a refund occurs within 15 days after 45 days have passed from the date the order was placed and the customer did not receive the goods during the said 45-day period, due to “non-delivery.” This means a customer can apply for a refund between the 46th and 60th day after placing the order. Upon receipt of the customer’s request for a refund, Joom will decide whether to accept or reject it.
- Starting from the 31st day from the order placement date (if the product has not been trackable for 20 days) if the product costs more than $50.
- Anytime, as long as the customer bears the cost of returning the package.
- Within an unspecified period, as Joom may issue refunds at any time it learns of multiple customers having received the same tracking number.
Tips to Prevent Refunds from Happening
- When uploading a product, provide an actual product photos with details.
- Please avoid using retouched photos.
- When uploading a product, provide an accurate and detailed product description and size information.
- Before mailing a product, check it for defects.
- Before mailing a product, check if all the spare parts of the product are in.
- Ensure that the product is properly packed.
- Use reliable logistics channels and enter the correct shipping information. If you need to add a new logistics channel please write us to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you.