What are the main Promotion types?
- Platform promotions – promotions created by Joom. You can upload your products according to the requirements and deadlines, and set the discount.
- Merchant promotions – promotions created by merchant. You can set the promotion’s timeframe and the discount.
PLEASE NOTE: The merchant promotions feature is available for Top Stores only.
The products within promotions are combined in the groups that get displayed on the Joom website main page and the Joom app Sale tab.
You can see whether the promotion is created by the platform or the merchant in the Type column on the Promotions page.
If a customer buys a product participating in the promo, you will find the discount amount on the order page.
To learn more on how different promotion discounts sum up, please refer to this article.
How to participate in the Platform Promotion?
- Open the Promotions page;
2. Scroll down to the list of the promotional activities under the graphics. The available promotions you can participate in are labelled as Upcoming.
3. Select a promotional activity you want to participate in.
Promotions statuses and explanations
Access to the promotion is open.
Access to the promotion is closed, merchants can't edit the promotion anymore.
The promotion is taking place.
The promotion has ended.
4. Check the requirements. If the products don't meet the requirements, they will be removed from the promotion. Merchants caught in the rule violating behaviour will be punished.
a) Access to the promotion will be closed after the deadline:
b) If there are any critical problems with a promotional product, disable it. But in this case, it is not allowed to add this product to the same promotion again.
c) Some platform promotions have a special requirement of postponing any product changes. To learn more on the "Change Postponed" status, please refer to this article.
5. Add your products to the promotion and set the discount.
6. Click on the Participate button in the upper right corner before leaving the promo page. Otherwise, your edits will not be saved.
How to create the Merchant promotion?
PLEASE NOTE: This feature is available for Top Stores only.
- Open the Promotions page;
- Click on the Create Promotion button;
3. Select a store, the promotion’s title and set the promotion’s timeframe;
4. Add your products to the promotion and set the discount.
5. Click on Save.
You can edit or cancel the promotional activity later on the promotion’s page.
How to add your products to the promotions?
1) Platform promotions: click on the Add Products button on the promotion page.
2) Merchant promotions: once you select a store for the promotion, click on the Add Products button.
- Upload the products by ticking the box or in bulk by pasting comma, space or break separating product IDs.
- You will have to set the discount for selected products afterwards.
Don't forget to click on the Add Selected button.
How to Evaluate the Performance?
You can see some graphics on the Promotions page. They reflect the efficiency of the promotional campaigns you participate in. You can change the timeframe of the graphics to evaluate specific periods.
- There is a Promotional activities list below the graphics, where you can analyse metrics to evaluate the performance of each activity.
- If you want to see more metrics, click on the last button on the metrics list () and choose specific metrics on the drop-down list.
- If you don't know what a metric means, hover the mouse cursor over the metric, and you will see a tooltip explaining the metric's meaning.