Promotions page is located in the Marketing section in your Joom account. Taking part in promotional activities can help boost your sales significantly.
In this article, you will learn about:
- What Are the Main Promotion Types?
- How to Participate in the Platform Promotions?
- How to Add your Products to the Platform Promotions?
- How to Evaluate the Performance?
- How to Get Additional Traffic for your Products for Free?
What are the Main Promotion types?
- Platform promotions – promotions created by Joom. You can upload your products according to the requirements and deadlines, and set the discount.
- Merchant promotions – promotions created by merchant, including:
- Top Store Promotions;
- Merchant Discounts.
With Merchant promotions, you can get additional traffic for your products. Moreover, you can set the promotion’s timeframe and the discount range. For more information, please refer to the article: Merchant Promotions.
The products participating in the promotions are combined in the groups that get displayed on Joom website main page and Joom app Promotions tab.
You can see whether the promotion is created by the platform or the merchant in the Type column on the Promotions page.
If a customer buys a product participating in the promo, you will find the discount amount on the order page.
To learn more on how different promotion discounts sum up, please refer to this article.
How to Participate in the Platform Promotion?
- Open the Promotions page;
2. Scroll down to the list of the promotional activities under the graphics. The available promotions you can participate in are labelled as Upcoming.
3. Select a promotional activity you want to participate in.
▼ Click here to know more about the promotion statuses
Access to the promotion is open.
Access to the promotion is closed, merchants can't edit the promotion anymore.
The promotion is taking place.
The promotion has ended.
4. Check the requirements. If the products don't meet the requirements, they will be removed from the promotion. Merchants caught in the rule violating behavior will be punished.
a) Access to the promotion will be closed after the deadline:
b) If there are any critical problems with a promotional product, disable it. But in this case, it is not allowed to add this product to the same promotion again.
c) Some platform promotions have a special requirement of postponing any product changes. To learn more on the "Change Postponed" status, please refer to this article.
5. Add your products to the promotion and set the discount.
6. Click on the Participate button in the upper-right corner before leaving the promo page. Otherwise, your edits will not be saved.
How to Add your Products to the Platform Promotions?
Click on the "Add Products" button on the promotion page.
You can upload promotional products by ticking the product box or upload products in bulk by pasting comma, space, or break separating product IDs. You will have to set the discount for selected products afterwards.
Don't forget to click on the Add Selected button.
1) Download the products that are available for promo if necessary:
- Go to the "Promotions" page and choose a specific promotion.
- Click on the “Add Products” button.
- Go to the “Select Products” tab.
- Click on “Export Available Products”.
2) Remove all the unnecessary products from this file, or just create a new one with products you’re willing to add to the promo.
3) Make sure you filled in these columns:
- Product ID: ID of the product you want to add to the promo.
- Product SKU: SKU of the product you want to add to the promo.
- Discount: discount amount you want to set from 1 to 100 without the percent symbol.
If there are other columns in the file, you can leave them because they will be ignored.
4) Upload your file back on the platform.
How to Evaluate the Performance?
You can see some graphics on the Promotions page. They reflect the efficiency of the promotional campaigns you participate in. You can change the timeframe of the graphics to evaluate specific periods.
- There is a list of Promotional activities below the graphics, where you can analyze metrics to evaluate the performance of each activity.
- If you want to see more metrics, click on the last button on the metrics list () and choose specific metrics on the drop-down list.
- If you don't know what a metric means, hover the mouse cursor over the metric, and you will see a tooltip explaining the metric's meaning.
How to Get Additional Traffic for your Products for Free?
Some of your products may be displayed in Google Shopping searching results. Therefore, such products can get additional promotion and traffic absolutely for free.
You need to add the GTIN number for your products, and they will be automatically added to the Google Shopping promotions. Please refer to this article to learn more.
Please sign in to leave a comment.