Product Tiers help you understand how the platform evaluates your products.
Good tiers = more impressions, traffic, and sales for your product
There are 4 types of tiers:
Trusted – your product gets extra impressions and extra traffic.
Competing – your product gets good impressions, but some improvements could be made.
Unverified – your product gets little impressions until we get more data on its performance.
Pessimized – your product gets almost zero impressions since it was pessimized.
PLEASE NOTE: Improving your product’s tier even by one point can get you up to 2 times more impressions to attract more organic traffic.
When is the tier calculated?
Tiers are calculated once a day (approx. at 1 PM UTC+3) and the information you see may be based on the already outdated data, so wait for the next day to see the actual tier.
What key factors affect the tier at the moment?
- Sales history
- Top Store status
- If the product tier is Competing based on its Sales History, it will get boosted to Trusted if this product is sold in the Top Store.
- If the product tier is Unverified based on its Sales History, it will get boosted to Competing if this product is sold in the Top Store.
How do these factors affect the tier?
In order to get a Trusted tier your product has to obtain a good reputation (we estimate the product sales history for that) or be sold in the Top Store since we trust and believe in the top store products.
What is the Sales History?
Your product Sales History helps us understand how well can your product be sold in its current version.
How is it calculated?
We estimate the sales history based on:
- Number of orders.
- Number of ratings in those orders.
- Average product rating.
In order to get the Trusted tier product must have at least 30 sales and 15 ratings, with the average rating more > 4.5.
In order to get the Competing tier product must have at least 5 sales and 2 ratings, with the average rating more > 4.5.
* Your product is also compared to similar products from the other merchants.
The main rule: the more sales you have with a positive rating – the better your sales history will be.
PLEASE NOTE: Not all the orders with the product are considered during the sales history calculation.
Why not all the orders with the product are considered during calculation?
We take into consideration only the current product version:
1) In case you deleted a product variant that was being sold well before – all the orders involving that product variant will get deleted from the calculation.
2) In case you increased the product variant price by more than 10%, we consider such products less attractive for the customer ⟶ all the orders involving the product variant with the old price (lower than your current price by more than 10%) will get deleted from the calculation.
PLEASE NOTE: we do not consider the product discounts, we calculate only the original product variant amounts without any discounts. We pay a lot of attention to any kind of fraudulent activity with discounts in this regard.
3) You do not lose the Sales History forever: once you lower the prices back – the Sales History for this product will be automatically restored.
Click here to see all the FAQ questions
1) Where Can You See the Product's Tier?
- You can find the product’s tier on the "Products" page in your Joom account.
- There is a "Tier" filter for your convenience: just click on the "Add Filter" button and choose the "Tier" filter to sort your products.
2) Why was my product tier changed from Trusted to Competing/Unverified?
- Top Store Status
Your store might have lost its Top Store Status. Check your store status and keep a close eye on your store performance in the future.
All the products from the store are affected by the Top Store status since it might give you some extra credits.
- Sales History
Make sure that you haven’t recently increased the prices for this product variant. In case you’ve recently increased them, all the orders involving the product variant with the old price were deleted from the sales history calculation.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you lower the prices again all the previous orders connected to that price will appear back in the Sales History.
- Bad Reviews and Low Average Rating
Make sure your product gets good reviews and its average rating. In order to get the Trusted tier the product must have at least 100 sales and 50 ratings, with an average rating > 4.5.
- Non-competitive prices
In case your product became non-competitive compared to similar products from other merchants, try to add it to several promotions to get more traffic and sales.
3) How to improve your tiers? General Recommendations
- Earn a Top Store status to get some extra credits.
- Take part in the upcoming Promotions or launch Joom Ads Campaign to get the sales history faster.
- Do not increase prices for product variants. It will erase the entire sales history.
- Lower the price back in case you’ve recently increased it. It will restore your sales history.
- Do not delete product variations. It will erase the entire sales history.
- Keep Average Rating Above 4.5.