Product Tiers help you understand how the platform evaluates your products.
Good tiers = more impressions, traffic, and sales for your product
There are 4 types of tiers:
- Trusted – your product gets extra impressions and extra traffic.
- Competing – your product gets good impressions, but some improvements could be made.
- Unverified – your product gets little impressions until we get more data on its performance.
- Pessimized – your product gets almost zero impressions since it was pessimized.
Improving your products even by one tier higher can get you up to 2 times more impressions to attract more organic traffic!
How Often is the Tier Calculated?
Tiers are calculated once a day and the information you see may be based on outdated data, so wait for the next day to see the actual tier.
Click the product tier, to find out when it was last calculated:
What Factors Affect the Tier at the Moment?
We calculate the product tier based on the following 5 metrics:
|💡 Product tier is determined by the worst metric. To get the best tier, a product should achieve the highest level in all metrics.|
Each metric has a specific target. Targets depend on products, their category, and price range. They can help you monitor what needs to be improved to elevate your tier.
To heighten your tier, ensure to exceed targets for each metric. You can check the targets for each product by clicking the product's tier.
The higher the sales count, the more information we get about the product. Products with no or few sales get the Unverified tier.
The more reviews the product has, the better we can evaluate the product. Products with no or few reviews get the Unverified tier.
A poor product rating can lead to Pessimized tier. Please avoid placing products that often disappoint customers.
A high cancellation rate can lead to Pessimized tier. Please ship your products on time.
When your store has Poor or Critical performance, all products in the store get the Pessimized tier.
Once your store's performance status is changed (both upgraded or downgraded), it takes 1–2 days for the system to change your products tier.
How to Obtain a Higher Tier?
To obtain a higher tier, your product must meet the requirements of every metric of this tier.
If at least one metric does not meet the target, the tier of your product will not be heightened. For example, if your product matches the Trusted tier in terms of the number of sales, reviews, and ratings, but Pessimized in terms of the number of cancellations, the product tier still will be Pessimized.
What Orders Are Considered during the Tier Calculation?
Only the orders approved in the last year (365 days) are included into the calculation.
Product tiers show how well your product may be sold in its current version, so we take into consideration only the current product version. It means that:
- In case you deleted a product variant that had good sales before – all the orders involving that product variant will get deleted from the calculation. Avoid doing so because you won't be able to restore a variant and your product's metrics.
- In case you disable a product variant that was being sold well before or went out of stock, it becomes unavailable for customers. In this case, all the orders involving that product variant will get deleted from the calculation. Once you enabled the product variant or stocked it up, the metrics of this variant will be recovered. Make sure your most popular variants are always available for purchase.
- In case you disable a product, the system will save its current tier and continue to calculate it as usual for 30 days. However, if a product remains disabled for more than 30 days, it will lose its tier.
- In case you increased the product variant price by more than 10%, we consider such products less attractive for the customer. Thus, all the orders involving the product variant with the old price (lower than your current price by more than 10%) will get deleted from the calculation. You do not lose the metrics forever: once you lower the prices back – all the metrics for this product will be automatically restored.
We do not consider the product discounts; we calculate only the original product variant amounts without any discounts. We pay a lot of attention to any kind of fraudulent activity with discounts in this regard.
You can see how many orders of a particular product were included or not included when calculating your tier. The reason the orders were included or not is also indicated.
How to Restore my Metrics?
Lower the price back in case you’ve recently increased it.
What is a Top Store Boost?
Joom gives some additional credits to new products from the Top Stores, whose similar products have already proven themselves on the platform. That's why we have Top Store Boost.
Top Store Boost may elevate your tier from Unverified to Competing, even if your metrics are Unverified. This way, it's giving your new products more impressions from the customers.
Products can receive a boost if they meet the following requirements:
- It is a Top Store product.
- From the start, the product received few orders or reviews, so it is of an Unverified tier.
- The top store had products of the same second level category and price range in the past. Such products had:
- More than 10 orders and 5 reviews in the last year.
- The average cancellation rate less than 2%.
- The average rating above 4.5.
Please note that the boost works not just for every product in your Top Store, but only for those that meet these requirements. Top Store Boost elevates your tier only from Unverified to Competing. Top Store Boost from Competing to Trusted is not available.
Also, if you started selling a product in a new category and price range, which you previously did not have any selling experience in the same Top store, you would need to raise the metrics of this product from scratch.
If your product used the Top Store Boost, in the Orders included in the calculation, you will see all orders of similar products from the store. This tab does not display the orders of the current product. That is because for Top Store Boost, we evaluate Unverified products, based on the performance of previously added similar products in the store.
1) Where to check the product's tier?
- You can find the product’s tier on the Products page in your Joom account.
- There is a Tier filter on this page for your convenience: just click on the Tier you need to sort your products.
2) Why was my product tier changed from Trusted to Competing/Unverified?
Check out in the interface to find out what requirements are not met.
- Changes in targets
Targets of tiers (Trusted, Competing, Unverified) are calculated for each product cluster separately and depend on the performance of other products within this category and price range on the platform. They are based on the top of the best products in the category and price range. So, if there are more products with many orders, reviews, high ratings, and very low cancellation rates in one category and price range, the targets may change and become more challenging to achieve.
Decrease in product performance
If you cancelled orders or the product received a bad rating recently, your product metrics could become worse. Therefore, you would no longer meet the requirements for some Trusted tier indicators. Fix your performance to restore the platform's trust in the product.
Changes in prices
Make sure that you haven’t recently increased the prices for this product variant. In case you’ve recently increased them, all the orders involving the product variant with the old price were deleted from the calculation.
Once you lower the prices again, all the previous orders connected to that price will appear back in the metrics.
Product Variant was deleted, disabled or out of stock
Make sure you haven't deleted or disabled any product variants lately. Or maybe some of your popular variants are currently out of stock. In these cases, all the orders including such product variants got deleted from the calculation.
3) My product's metric corresponds to the target, so why hasn't the tier changed yet?
To heighten your tier, your metrics should not just meet the targets but exceed them. Otherwise, your tier will remain unchanged.
In this example, the product's rating matches the target for the Competitive tier (4.636), which is why it is still pessimized. Once the rating exceeds the target, the tier will elevate relatively.
4) How to improve your tiers?
- Pay close attention to Store Performance – bad store performance results in pessimization of all the products from it.
- Do not increase prices for product variants. It will reset all metrics.
- Lower the price back in case you’ve recently increased it. It will restore your metrics.
- Do not delete product variations. It will reset all metrics.
- Take part in the upcoming Promotions or launch Joom Ads Campaign to get the sales history faster.