Category Attributes are additional product information that varies by category and is used to present products in detail and accurately. For example, smartphones have unique sets of characteristics such as battery capacity, camera angles, and camera resolution.
Attributes can be mandatory, meaning the product must have them to be published. However, there are also recommended attributes. Providing them enhances the product's appeal to customers.
Customers can find this additional product information under the basic information on both the Joom website and the Joom app.
Why should you add attributes?
- Attributes enhance user shopping experience as they help showcase the product effectively, making it easier for the customer to gain a better understanding of the product and make a purchasing decision.
- Attributes highlight the product's advantages, helping it stand out among competitors.
- Your products will be displayed better in search results, as Joom categorizes products based on specified attributes to present the most relevant choices to customers.
- Providing required attributes helps mitigate the risk of violating European legislation, ensuring your products won't be blocked on the platform for breaching the rules.
Please refer to this article to learn more about how to add category attributes.
Where to find what category attributes the product needs?
There are 3 ways to learn about the attributes required for a product:
- Go to Products, and select a product to check its attributes. All required attributes will be highlighted in a special field.
- Go to the Category Requirements page in the Merchant Panel. There you can find attribute requirements for products in various categories, as well as a list of attributes with examples of how to fill them in.
To learn more on how to navigate on this page, please refer to the article Category-Specific Requirements.
- Go to the product page. → Find a product with a warning diagnostics “Category requirements violated”. → Click on the link provided in the diagnostics. There, you will find a list of attributes for this product category.
Which attributes are required to add?
Category Attributes vary based on their necessity according to legislation and platform rules.
|What if the attribute is missing?
|What to do?
|This attribute is mandatory to sell a product.
|The products will have a critical red diagnostics and will not be visible to customers on Joom.
|Add the required attribute to remove the red diagnostics.
|We highly recommend adding the attribute, but you can still sell the product without it.
|The products will have a warning yellow diagnostics, which means it might not be sold in some countries, may be partially optimized, etc.
|Add the recommended attribute to remove the yellow diagnostics.
|Filling in the optional attributes will be beneficial for your product, but you can still sell the product without them.
|The product will be sold as usual and will not have any diagnostics.
Please refer to this section to learn more about mandatory product requirements for different categories.
Where to find category attribute values?
You can check category attribute values in 2 ways:
- On a product card while adding a new product or editing an existing one.
- On the Category Requirements page.
How to check values on a product card:
- Go to Products and select the product you need.
- You can find the imported attributes and their values for the chosen product.
- If you need to add values, click “Edit Product.”
- Scroll down to the “Product Description and Attributes” field.
- Below, you will find a list of attribute values and hints for these values.
How to check values on the Category Requirements page:
- Go to the Category Requirements page.
- Choose the category you need and click the "Download Attribute Values" button to download the file with the list of attribute values.